Hanworth Parish Council Safeguarding Policy
In the interests of child protection and the welfare and protection of adults with care and support needs, the Parish Council is committed to ensuring that children and adults with care and support needs are protected and kept safe from harm whilst they are engaged in any activity associated with the Parish Council.
- To ensure that, where possible, all facilities and activities offered by the Parish Council are designed and maintained to limit risk to children and adults with care and support needs.
- To promote the general welfare, health and development of children by being aware of child protection issues and to be able to respond where appropriate as a local government organisation.
- To develop procedures in recording and responding to accidents and complaints and to alleged or suspected incidents of abuse and neglect.
- As the Parish Council does not directly provide care or supervision services to children and adults with care and support needs, it expects all children and adults with care and support needs using its facilities to do so with the consent and the necessary supervision of a parent, carer or other responsible adult.
The aim of this policy document is to guide members of the Parish Council should any child protection issue or any issues with adults with care and support needs arise during their work.
Responsibilities & Procedures
The Clerk and Chairman have been designated as Safeguarding Officers and the responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that participants are appropriately briefed before any Parish Council organised event with children or adults with care and support needs
- Ensuring that members are aware of the risk they may face in certain circumstances whilst carrying out their duties
- Highlighting to all new councillors the existence of the Safeguarding Policy and where it can be found
- Keep records in an incident book of any allegations made
If there is a child abuse incident it should be reported to one of the Safeguarding Officers who will be responsible for ensuring the matter is handled in accordance with the Local Safeguarding Children Board procedures and also referred to the Council for further action as appropriate and future risk assessment
In the event of a contractor, working directly for the Parish Council, being deemed to be working in any area where children or adults with care and support needs may be at risk, then that contractor will be asked to provide their Safeguarding Policy.
Hanworth Parish Council is fully committed to safeguarding the well-being of children and adults with care and support needs by protecting them from physical, sexual and emotional harm and neglect. All members of Hanworth Parish Council should be proactive in providing a safe environment for children and adults with care and support needs who are involved in Parish Council activities.
Clerk: Dee Holroyd Chairman: Gill Wilton
Address: Verbena Cottage, The Street,
Knapton, North Walsham NR28 0AD Address: 29 The Common,
Hanworth, Norfolk NR11 7HP
Telephone number: 01263720356 Telephone number
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Email address:: email@example.com
For review ……08/2020…………………..