Dated Tuesday 21st March 2023
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, North Norfolk District Council, Council Offices, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a District Councillor
For the Ward listed below
Ward Number of District Councillors to be elected
1. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 9EN, or from the Electoral Commission website by visiting the link at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/local-elections-england where care should be given to ensure the forms for elections taking place on or after 4th May 2023 are downloaded and used.
2. It is recommended to email email@example.com to request an appointment so they can be informally checked by an Officer prior to formal submission. Forms can also be scanned and emailed to this address for an informal check to confirm if they appear correct ahead of formal submission by hand.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer, on any working day from the date of this notice between the hours of 10am and 4pm but no later than 4pm on Tuesday 4th April 2023.
4. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 4th May 2023.
5. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on Monday 17 April 2023. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at by 5pm on Tuesday 18th April 2023.
7. New applications to vote by proxy at this election and applications must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at by 5pm on Tuesday 25th April 2023.
8. Applications for a free Voter Authority Certificate for anyone who does not have an accepted form of photographic Identification in order to vote at the polling station must be received by 5pm Thursday 25th April 2023. More information on the requirements of Voter ID can be found at www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/voterid
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 4th May 2023. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 25th April 2023. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 25th April 2023. If a person has lost/had stolen/damaged or destroyed their photographic ID after the Voter Authority Certificate application deadline of 5pm on Tuesday 25th April 2023 has passed, an application for an emergency proxy can be made before 5pm on Thursday 4th May 2023.