Meeting: 1st November 2017
Minutes of a Meeting of Hanworth Parish Council held on
Wednesday 1st November 2017 at 7.30pm in Hanworth Memorial Hall
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman) Sue Francis, Sally Martin, Charlie Penrose, Robert Ranger, Jenny Sackin, Liz Thompson, Dee Holroyd (Clerk). Kit Martin, member of the public.
- Apologies for Absence:
- Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 2nd August were agreed and signed by the chairman. Proposed JS, seconded CP.
- Matters Arising: (i) A lap top computer had been purchased for £190. JS would ask whether David Dork would set up a website for the PC. (ii) The signs for Hanworth Timber remain.
- Finance, Precept, Budget for 2017-18: (i) the clerk presented a budget showing a current credit balance of £3387, with an anticipated expenditure for the coming year of £2447. Anticipated credit balance at November 2018, £3210. (ii) the Precept was to remain the same and the Precept form for £2230 (+ NNDC Grant £70) was signed by the chairman and the clerk. Cheques to the clerk for £245.20, salary and office expenses (three months) and £189.99, new laptop, were signed. (iii) Donations. It was agreed to give £400 to Hanworth Church and a cheque was signed and given to RR. (iv) SM asked for a progress report on the Memorial Hall repairs. Nothing was known, but a Remembrance Service was to be held in the hall this year. It was agreed that with a number of neighbouring services, it might be difficult to get many people to attend. The meeting was closed briefly to allow Kit Martin to suggest that if the Memorial Hall Committee was seeking funding, an event held currently in the Hall might help. The Memorial Hall Committee was thought to be seeking funding. SM suggested the £400 donation could be split between the Memorial Hall and the church. It was agreed the church only should benefit.
- Cleaning of Cattle Grids: There had been a request from a Mr Tom Harris that the cattle grids should be cleaned out as they had filled water. GW thought Highways did a good job of cleaning them in the spring. There would be no cattle on the Common before spring. SF expressed concern about the grid near her house. The cattle had been held back only by the present of two large oil cans on either side of the grid. GW would ask for these would be removed over winter and they are very unsightly.
- Correspondence Received: had been circulated.
- Any Other Business: (i) RR asked that the blocked culvert should be reported. It is actually in Suffield but GW would report it before an accident occurred there. (ii) Trees in White Post Road. A large branch had fallen, luckily only onto the Common. R Bell had been asked to give a price for the removal of a branch on the other side of the tree, to balance it and for the removal of two other large branches, thought to be at risk. Mr Bell had not yet given his quote, but the work was believed to be in need of doing and GW asked the PC to give her permission to spend up to the £800 allowed in the budget. SF asked whether two more quotes could be obtained. It was hard to get anyone to come to give a quote, but she would try. Mr Bell had proved reliable and reasonably priced in the past. GW to contact Mr Attew to suggest that cars are not parked under the trees in question. RR asked about a local farmer doing the work. Insurance was a concern. DH to ask NNDC for a list of farmers approved to do work for the Council, as one of those might be suitable. (iii) Hanworth Church. RR said ivy was being stripped. Insurers wanted an alarm fitted to protect the led roof, but the cost was prohibitive. The church needed a new roof and that and the alarm would cost about £50,000. Grants were available but the village would still have to raise money. It was suggested that if the church became redundant, a repaired Memorial Hall could be an alternative venue.
Date of next Meeting: Wednesday 7th February 2018.
The meeting closed at 8.05 pm
Meeting: 2nd August 2017
Minutes of a Meeting of Hanworth Parish Council held on
Wednesday 2nd August 2017 at 7.30pm in Hanworth Memorial Hall
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman), Sue Francis, Sally Martin, Charlie Penrose, Robert Ranger, Jenny Sackin, Liz Thompson, Dee Holroyd (clerk)
- Apologies for Absence: Jenny Sackin
- Minutes of the Meetings held on 2nd May 2017: were agreed and signed by the Chairman (proposed CP, seconded LT.
- Matters Arising: (i) it was agreed that a laptop be purchased at a cost of up to £350, the cost hopefully to be recovered from funding available. A website would then be set up. (ii) A new cattle grid had been installed and was less noisy.
- Finance: The clerk reported a current credit balance of £2229 with precept of £1150 due in September. A cheque was signed for £220.30 for the clerk and office expenses (3 months). An up to date expenditure sheet was circulated, showing the Budget had been adhered to. The Audit had been approved by the outside Auditors. The new Transparency Code required this to be advertised on line, but as there was currently no website, the relevant page had been posted on the three local notice boards.
- Correspondence received: most of this had been circulated as it had been received. A letter from Norfolk Minerals and one from Vattenfall were read out, and found not to be relevant to Hanworth.
- Any Other Business: (i) GW had details of an Oil Club (theoilclub) which was able to save customers about 0.7p a litre of oil ordered. GW would put up information posters. (ii) SM said the application for a licence at Deers Glade had been refused. The refusal was made on a legal point, i.e. that Great Water was a triple SSSI due to the presence of the largest number of Gadwall duck in one location in the country, and not to local opinion, which had been ignored. (iii) SM raised concern about the new sign for Hanworth Timber. This was intrusive and unnecessary, as signage on the main road was adequate. It was generally (not unanimously) agreed that an approach to the person running Hanworth Timber, so see if she was amenable to a reduction in size, was best.
- Date of next meeting: Wednesday 1st
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.15pm.