DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 5th February 2020
MEETING: Wednesday 6th November 2019
Minutes of a Meeting of Hanworth Parish Council held in
29 The Common, Hanworth, on 6th November 2019
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman), Robert Ranger (Vice-Chairman), Charlie Penrose, Jenny Sackin, Dee Holroyd (Clerk). One member of the public.
- Apologies for absence:
- Cllrs John Timewell and John Toye were not present.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 7th August: were agreed.
- Matters Arising: (i) work had commenced repairs to cattle grid.
(ii) tree work in White Post Road had been completed. The PC are awaiting a report from Richard Church on the fungi growing at the base of the biggest oak. DH to ask RC for an update.
(iii) Repairs to Hanworth Memorial Hall would commence this autumn.
- Finance: A budget for 2019-20 was circulated together with a spread sheet showing spending over the last two years to be about £5000. The Precept was therefore unaltered (£2300) and the Precept Application Form signed by the Chairman and Clerk. Once cheque £230 for clerk and office was signed. It was agreed that a new notice board by the top of the common was needed. This to be considered at the next meeting.
Appeals received were considered. It was decided that only Hanworth church should be supported. Anyone working in the churchyard to be asked to submit an invoice.
- Correspondence received: Modification of restricted byways was being sort by an Edingthorpe resident. NNDC had been asked for information on this, but none was forthcoming.
- Any Other Business: (i) A move has been made to change the three houses on the far side of the bridge over the Scarrowbeck to Thurgarton addresses. This was not thought to be a sensible move as they are not near the village of Thurgarton. GW asked whether there was splitting of parishes within Gunton Park. The Gunton Arms and the Tower are both in Thorpe Market as opposed to Hanworth. (ii) Gill Catling, resident on Hanworth Common was invited to be co-opted at the next meeting. DH to take necessary steps.
- Date of next Meeting: Wednesday 5th February at 7.30pm
The meeting closed at 8.15pm.
Notes from the floor:
Gill Catling of Hanworth Common asked whether the Memorial Hall would be ready for the election in December. This was unlikely and another venue would have to be found.
Gill Catling asked about the land next to the Memorial Hall. This was an isolated piece of land with no access, drainage or services. It was believed that the owner might be trying to obtain planning permission. Her husband was in frequent correspondence with GW. DH to check with Highways and John Timewell as to whether any application to create an access has been made.
MEETING:Wednesday 7th August 2019
Minutes of a Meeting of Hanworth Parish Council held on
Wednesday 7th August 2019 at 7.30pm in Hanworth Memorial Hall
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman), Sue Francis, Sally Martin, Robert Ranger, Dee Holroyd (Clerk). Cllrs John Timewell and John Toye.
- Apologies for Absence: Charlie Penrose.
- Minutes of the Previous Meetings held on 8thMay: were agreed and signed by the Chairman. Proposed SM, seconded SF.
- Cllr John Toye: reported that (i) the NNDC were holding an Environment Forum on August 15thin the Atrium, North Walsham. People were invited to drop in although the evening session did require an rsvp. (ii) Norman Lamb would hold a surgery on Aldeborough Green at 10.00 on 29th (iii) JT would be able to obtain English oaks for planting. Hanworth PC could find room for six, providing some spares for later use. GW would inform the Commons Committee that trees were available.
Cllr John Timewell: (i) reported that a large number of houses were to be built at Fakenham and North Walsham as part of the Local Plan. In North Walsham the land opposite the present Norwich Road development and stretching to Waitrose would be used. There would be a new road to service this area and plans for a doctors` surgery and a new school were in place. (ii) BR raised the question of privately owned car parks. JT agreed that parking charges were detrimental to a town. (iii) The route for the completion of the Northern Distributer Road was to go over the Waveney Valley.
- Matters Arising: (i) The cattle crush: the clerk had received confirmation from the Rev Tom Harris that the Commons Committee had plans for improving this. Contractors had looked at the site but a large amount of rubbish piled against one side was required to be moved before work could commence. (ii) Work on the trees in White Post Road had been completed at a cost of £1,500 (as estimated). It was believed a tree on Michael Barclay`s land had recently been struck by lighning. Safety checks should be carried out. (iii) The Website was up and running. Difficulties were being experienced in using the site. GW to look into this. (iii) There was concern about whether grant (£400) paid by the Council to Hanworth PPC was reaching its intended destination. It was proposed that the PC retain the money (normally £400) and pay it, to people working on tidying and mowing the churchyard etc as needed. Proposed SF seconded SM. All agreed.
- Finance: The clerk reported a current credit balance of £1,957. A cheque for the clerk £254 to include a tax refund and office expenses, was signed.
- Correspondence: had been circulated.
- Any Other Business: Concern was voiced about the plans of the proposed Memorial Hall once renovated. These showed an unnecessarily large building. Simple renovation was all that was needed.
- Date of Next Meeting: Wednesday 6th Venue to be confirmed as it may be too cold in the Hall.
The meeting closed at 7.40pm.
MEETING:Wednesday 8th May 2019 Parish Council Meeting followed the Annual Parish Meeting
Minutes of an Annual Meeting of Hanworth Parish Council held on
Wednesday 8th May 2019 in Hanworth Memorial Hall following the
Annual Hanworth Parish Meeting
Present: as for the Parish Meeting held prior to the PC Meeting.
- Election of Chairman and co-option of a member of the Parish Council.
GW stood down as chairman and was re-elected. Proposed SF seconded BR. All agreed. There were two PC vacancies and Charlie Penrose was co-opted. The councillors were asked to give thought to someone to take up the remaining place.
- Apologies for Absence:
GW closed the meeting to allow Cllr John Toye to report. John Toye was newly elected. Previous experience was 20 years with the military and 20 years in transport. He was now running his own business. JT was available at all times (01263 768421, 07400724676. An NNDC e mail address to follow. JT noted that Hanworth PC would like to see more village events. BR said that planning was the biggest local problem and help would be appreciated here. GW explained that Hanworth PC had formed a planning committee of any three councillors, who could agree items between meetings. JT asked whether the PC every met informally. They had not done so to date, but might this summer.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 26th February: were agreed and signed by the Chairman. Proposed JS seconded SM.
- Matters Arising: (i) planning had been granted for the demolition no 24 The Common, despite PC objections. There were a number of restrictions as to height etc and it was hoped that the new building would be discreet. (ii) following the February meeting DH had written to the Commons Committee about the cattle crush. A reminder to be sent. (iii) tree work was going ahead as planned.
- Correspondence Received: The Local Plan was circulated. This showed Roughton and Aldborough as being earmarked for some new housing. Councillors were invited to study the plan.
- Any Other Business: GW had a new timetable for the mobile library which would visit the Common on every fourth Thursday at 3.15pm. Next visit due on 30th
- Date of next Meeting: Wednesday 31st
The meeting closed at 8.00pm.
Hanworth Memorial Hall on Wednesday 8th May 2019 at 7.00 pm
Present: Parish Councillors: Gill Wilton, Sue Francis, Sally Martin, Bob Ranger, Jenny Sackin. Dee Holroyd (Clerk). Charlie Penrose. John Toye NNDC.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 2nd May 2018: had been signed.
- Matters Arising:
- Address by Chairman of the Parish Council: (i) GW told the meeting that the website was now up and running thanks to a grant and to Jenny Sackin, who had set it up. The plan was to keep this up to date. (ii) Most of the Parish Council income had been spent on making trees in Whitepost Road safe. More work was in hand.
- Finance: The Clerk reported a credit balance of £2377 after current expenses had been met. Income for the year (precept) £2300, expenditure had been £2266 (budgeted expenditure £3146). Balance brought forward from 2017/18, £2881.
- Public Questions: Charlie Penrose expressed concern about the proposed size of the Memorial Hall once renovated.
- Any Other Business: GW read out a letter from David Attew, Chairman of the Memorial Hall Committee. Plans had been drawn up and were on display in the Hall. A grant to cover survey costs had been received. Big Society Fund, Sheringham Shoal, Geoff Watling Foundation and the National Lottery were being considered as sources of further possible funding. A quantity survey was needed to enable applications to move forward. This would incur costs.
On Saturday 1st June, from 7.30pm the Memorial Hall Committee would like to invite the parish to attend a very informal drinks evening. The plans for the updating of the village hall would be on display. It was vital that the village shows a need for such a facility. It was essential to prove the need for community space in Hanworth. Metton and Sustead have lost their community space and have expressed interest in using the Memorial Hall. GW said that two groups from the Aldborough Community Centre (which was fully booked), would like to use the hall once repaired.
BR agreed with GW that a space where people could meet was important to the village. Whilst supporting the renovation of the Memorial Hall he could not agree with the expensive, proposed plans. These were not only for an unnecessarily large building, but one which would take up car parking space, thus requiring the existing car park to be enlarged. All the Memorial Hall needed was a new roof, modern kitchen and store room, modern cloakrooms and renovation of the existing porch. Hanworth had only 120 residents and the existing hall was an adequate size. GW would pass these comments on to the chairman of the Memorial Hall Committee.
It was believed that Metton and Sustead had leased their hall to a local business, but it was still available as a Polling Station on election days.
The meeting closed at 7.20pm.
MEETING:Wednesday 26th February 2019
Minutes of a Meeting of Hanworth Parish Council held on
Wednesday 26th February 2019 in 29 The Common Hanworth
Norfolk (by kind permission of Gill Wilton and Robert Corbishley)
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman), Sue Francis, Sally Martin, Charlie Penrose, Jenny Sackin, Elizabeth Thompson, Dee Holroyd (Clerk). Cllr John Timewell, Gill Catling.
- The Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th November were agreed and signed by the Chairman. Proposed CP, seconded ET.
The Meeting closed to allow Cllr JT to give his report. JT reported that the NN budget had been set. The management of the Council had reverted from Committee to Cabinet. The managing director of the Council had also been changed. The Council were facing big cuts to their budget for children`s services. Norfolk had the highest retirement population in the country and JT was concerned that plans were not in place to deal with an increasing need of care from elderly people.
Norse, which is owned by the County, had an excellent Managing Director and were putting money back into the Council. Two hundred and eighty-five Councils were opening up to allow the development of properties which they owned. SM asked whether community housing was being built on any of the many new development going up in Norfolk.
GW said Highways did well in Norfolk and she encouraged members of the public to report to them. JT agreed.
JT was concerned that there was talk of merging the Fire and Police services in Norfolk. The local fire service was excellent and he felt should remain as it is.
JT left the meeting at 7.45pm
- Matters Arising: Cllr Norman Smith (NNDC) had asked for the application to demolish 24 The Common be called in to Committee. He would advise the PC of the date when known and asked for members of the PC to attend. SM would attend.
- Finance: The clerk circulated a report showing expenditure and income to date. The current credit balance was £3146, precept £1250 due in April. One cheque of £230 was signed for the clerk and office expenses.
- Correspondence Received: had been circulated to the PC. GW agreed to fill in a Norfolk Open Spaces (ethos) report for NNDC.
- Any Other Business: (i) elections would be held on 2nd All councillors expressed their willingness to stand again. DH to send nomination forms to be filled in and returned by 3rd April. (ii) The Annual Parish Meeting would be on 8th May. GW asked for suggestions as to how to encourage people to attend. It was agreed to do a note to go through everyone`s door, this task to be shared among the members of HPC. (iii) BR asked if the Commons Committee could be asked to repair and improve the cattle pen on the Common, which was in a sad state.
Dh to write to Simon Barclay, Chairman of the Commons Committee to ask him to put this work in hand.
- Date of next Meeting:
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.15pm.