Minutes of a Meeting of Hanwoth Parish Council held by video link on 2020 at 7.30pm
Wednesday 5th August 2020
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman) Gill Catling, Sally Martin, Charlie Penrose, Jenny Sackin, Dee Holroyd (Clerk).
1. Apologies for Absence: Sue Francis, Robert Ranger
2. Cllrs John Timewell and John Toye: were not present.
3. Minutes of the Meeting held on 6th May: were agreed and signed pp by the clerk. Proposed GC, seconded CP.
4. Matters Arising:
a. Michael Barclay had kindly offered to mow the churchyard. The Parish Council will make a donation to the church in lieu of cost of mowing.
- Three new notice boards were needed, for the Memorial Hall, by the cattle grid at Hanworth Hall and for Gunton Park. These could be done over a period of time, starting with the one by Hanworth Hall.
- DC to follow up the enquiry about the legality of large sheds in gardens on the common.
- The cottage at the north end of the common had been demolished, despite objections put in by the PC. A larger and more visible house would now take its place.
5. Financial Report: the clerk reported a current credit balance of £2,000. The Financial Regulations were adopted, proposed JS, seconded CP. These would go on the website.
6. Update of Acquisition of Hanworth Common Telephone Kiosk: this was now the property of the Parish Council. Power was still connected but no request had been made to the PC for payment of the electricity account. Guidelines had been received from BT for future painting and glass replacement. The memorial hall would be a better place for a defibrillator, should one be purchased. The kiosk could be used for a second hand book exchange, possible with some shelving. Maybe the builders currently employed at the Memorial Hall, might do something. GW reminded the meeting that Hanworth Common is a conservation area.
7. Hanworth Parish Council – Adoption of Policies:
- The Code of Conduct would go on the website.
8. Adoption of (a) Safeguarding Policy: GW and DH were Safeguarding Officers. Policy to go
on the website
(b) Risk Management Policy: to be agreed for dating.
9. Any Other Business:
- The Commons Registration: Possessory title was now in place, the 12 year period having elapsed. Full title will hopefully follow at on 7th The Memorial Hall restoration was well underway, the inside had been painted and second fix electrics were going ahead. New lighting, heaters and fire alarm were about to go in. New kitchen to follow. The old timber store will be demolished and a disabled loo put in place. The billiard room would be restored if finances allowed, with French windows overlooking the common. The new roof was completed and the hall had been underpinned. It should be ready for use in about four weeks. Costs had been about £169,500.
GW asked whether the exterior painting was complete. One top coat needed. Tony Hadlow had had help from various people. The fireplace
Was also nearly complete. GW suggested a gathering of local people to open the Hall, once it was ready. Tony Hadlow said £1,000 was available for such an event.
- The Notice Board needed to be replaced. This could be paid for from funds saved on the churchyard mowing.
- GC had attended a Zoom meeting with NALC. There was some funding available. GW suggested she sends information to Tony Hadlow.
- GC asked whether holiday cottages in the area were being let. GW confirmed the one next to her was. GC was concerned about health safety implications of people coming into the area. Maybe some guidance as to what any visitor falling ill while on holiday, such a telephone numbers, could go on the notice board.
- Hanworth Common was now in the Norfolk Magazine as a recommended place to walk. This could also bring in people from outside.
10. Date of next Meeting: Wednesday 4th November.
At the moment there is not the ability to invite members of the public into the video link. We hope in the future that this will be possible. Please bear with us in these difficult times.
If you have something you wish to bring to the council’s attention please use the contact page.
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HANWORTH PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 5th FEBRUARY 2020 in 29 The Common, Hanworth.
Present: Gill Wilton (Chairman), Sue Francis, Bob Ranger, Jenny Sackin, Dee Holroyd (Clerk)
- Apologies for Absence: Sally Martin, Charlie Penrose.
- Cllrs John Timewell, John Toye:
Cllr J Toye reported (i) a Town & Parish Forum had been set up by NNDC. The next one was 23rd April at 10.30am. The Forums are to provide a chance for Parish Councils to be heard. (ii) Environmental Forum on 26 March at 7.00 in NNDC office, would discuss sustainable transport. (ii) GW asked whether the `phone box could be retained as there was no mobile signal in the vicinity. Cllr J Toye to make enquiries. (iv) Planning: Cllr JT would ask the enforcement officer to inspect the site in Hanworth, where building was currently underway, and believed to be not in accordance with plans submitted.
Cllr John Timewell: (i) the council budget is currently being decided. (ii) JT confirmed that Hanworth and Thurgarton are both in the same ward. (iii) the proposed extension to the NDR had come under a lot of criticism, especially for the roundabouts. JT had suggested that NCC should look at Milton Keynes roundabout. Chevrons may help. (iv) JT confirmed he would be unable to attend meetings for a while but would be available by e mail or by phone.
- Minutes of the meeting held on 16th November 2019: were agreed and signed by the Chairman. Proposed SF, seconded JS.
- Matters Arising:
- Tree work in White Post Road: had been completed at a cost, as estimate, of £750.
- GW suggested a notice board should be put up in Gunton Park. JS to ask Kit Martin if this could be done. A new board was needed at the entrance of Hanworth Common. The clerk believed she could source one for about £400 and would make enquiries.
- Money for the church: this would be paid directly by the council. SF would get an invoice for mowing from Peter Attew.
Robert Corbishley was given a cheque for £55.20 for cleaning materials. SF was given a cheque for £20 to cover the cost of the petrol used for mowing round graves.
- Financial report: the clerk reported a credit balance of £2364. A cheque was issued for £230 for the clerk and office. Precept of £1150 was due in May.
- Any Other Business: (i) the Annual Village and Parish Meetings would be on Wednesday 5thMay at 7.00pm. Gunton Church could be used as a venue. DH to ask Kit Martin. The PC would encourage as many people as possible to attend. (ii) the Memorial Hall was being repaired. People should be encouraged to use it as much as possible. Grants might then be available for future funding. (iii) It had been suggested that the PC write to the Commons Committee to ask them to tidy up the cattle crush and erect a simple post and rail fence and gates. All were in favour.
- Date of next Meetings: Parish Council and Village Meetings would be held Wednesday 6thMay at 7.00pm.